Saturday 19 March 2011

Circular No 489






Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 19 March 2011 No.489
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
One Circular closer to the real date, that is today.
No worry, I shall send the next one on time (I hope).
Keep writing!!!
Another question to get you back at your time at school and maybe getting to write.
Who was your most beloved priest?? The one that you trusted most??
This brings the other side of the coin, who was the priest that you avoided. (hated in another type of language?)
Don´t be afraid, for all we known, he might still be able to give you licks, jajajaj
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 12 January 2002. Circular No.9
-----------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
Remember, those with check books, it is 2002!!!. Those who do not write checks, no problem, cash is accepted everywhere and the date is not a matter of importance except those going to or in Europe. Those with no cash in/out of the bank should not bother with the above warning.??? 
This time I am going to try to recall one of the yearly event that happened at the Mount, I recall the large grasshoppers that arrived yearly, these were green coloured with orange, size of a hand. We used to kick them and run to avoid being jumped. I always found them rather disgusting specially since we never knew where they would land. There were those that would try to hold them by the hind legs and in the process get cut with the sharp leg barbs. It is interesting that they would arrive by nightfall and next day disappear, I suppose they looked for the lights. The invasion lasted about three days.  
We have nearly 400 names in the roster but only 10% have graduation dates, I am sure that after so many years we do not remember who sat next to us? Least who were our classmates. To help these in doubt please send the graduation date of those that you know, it helps those that are not too sure. Please send the information to Jon Golding Jongolding_2000@yahoo.com, for inclusion in the listing. 
Here I am continuing the who is who, thanks to Roger Henderson: 
2. Roger Ames - has done very well for himself in the music industry. Now very wealthy. Lives in New York and is the head of Time Warner's music division. 
God Bless 
Ladislao
----------------------------------------
Photo: jon golding ny
Listado: C9.xls
Article: Msb 11 6407 mount inside
Column: msb R.Ames Chairman 
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gifhttps://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz
15/10/2010 
Dear Gerry,
I went to TT again last Thusday 7, for a couple of days.
The food stall run by his wife and coffee shop by his daughter at the middle is owed by Winston Ramsahai an old boy.
Please send me your telf number so that I may call you, we got together Friday and Saturday evening.
God Bless
Ladislao 
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 10 October 2010 22:56, <productintnl@aol.com> wrote: 
Hello Ladislao,
Great to hear from you again.
The gentleman I thought could have been you made several visits to the Food Kiosk at the NW corner at the Oasis Food Court.
I was there recently again and I think the name of the business is Shadow Benne?
If you were the gentleman, we missed meeting for the 1st time.
I am sure that we will meet soon, since I must offer my appreciation to you personally for bringing the Old Boys together and keeping such great memories alive.
Best regards, Gerry Chin – Cham 
---- Original Message ---------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz <kertesz11@gmail.com>
Sent: Sun, Oct 10, 2010 5:37 pm 
Dear Gerry,
Yes I was there in May and I just returned after a three day visit.
Next time please let me know.
I went to the mall as Winston Ramsahai has the coffee shop and another eat place run by his wife.
God Bless
Ladislao 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 12 July 2010 07:33, <productintnl@aol.com> wrote: 
Hello Nigel, morning.
I am forwarding you an email as received from Laszlo re: Class Update..
Can you send him the up to date identification of the guys I have provided..
As far as I recall, we have identified everyone with the exception of No: 1..
His request re: Code Number should be answered once he receives the up date info. from you..
Laszlo..
Were you in Trinidad in May of this year..
I saw a gentleman at the Grand Bazaar Mall whom I thought was you.   
Thanks again and God Bless.
Gerry  
---- Original Message ---------------------------------------------------
From: laszlo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 11, 2010 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: Fw: 1965-66 Form 2 Identification. 
Dear Gerry
Thank you for the photo and the name, but I need the code number of the photo, as there are several photos of the class.
Then I shall include it in the next Circular
God bless
Ladislao 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Mon, February 1, 2010 6:32:59 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: 1965-66 Form 2 Identification. 
Hello Ladislao, great hearing from you. 
Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year and all the best for 2010.   
Thank you for the enormous amount of time that you are dedicating to put out these circulars. 
They bring back good memories and keep them alive. 
Collectively, I'm sure the boys can't thank you enough.
Should you ever need my assistance, please let me know.
As per Class of 65-66, all names are correct except #1 still unknown, #28 is Henry Lincoln.
I'm attaching a recent mug shot as per your request.
Regards, live well and I'll keep in touch.
Gerry Chin - Cham 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
productintnl@aol.com
16/10/2010  
Hello Ladislao, good morning.
Great hearing from you again, however I must remind you that I live in Canada and only visit Trinidad on business.
I will let you know when I plan my next trip so we can possibly meet if you happen to be in Trinidad at the same time.
I will pay a visit to Winston should I be in the mall.
Best regards
Gerry Chin - Cham 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Tim Mew
...6 FEB 2011
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca> 
Hello, Ricardo,
I understand you're trying to contact Tim Mew in Australia.
Here's his email address: tim-mew@bigpond.com
His physical address is: P.O.Box 1045G, Balwyn North Victoria, AUSTRALIA 3104
I have some notes from Tim, which I'll share with you:
He's written: Hello to all my "old" MSB friends,
The years are ticking bye at a fast pace and I thought I should try to get in touch with at least a few of you.
The recent excel list from Nigel Boos has helped me to do this.
A quick back ground on us:
Married in 1963 to Gail, left Guyana in 1974 with three daughters [Michele, Karen, Lisa] for Australia.
First in Sydney and now for many years in Melbourne.
Two more twin daughters were born to us in Melbourne, Alexandra and Alicia.
Karen has two sons, Timmy [19] & James [7].
Alexandra has Thomas [2] and Sophie [three weeks].
So four grand kids for us.
Michele is married to Ralph.
Karen is single now.
Lisa is going to be married in March of 2009.
Alicia has a partner Fletch.
Alexandra is married to Vlad.
The attached picture was from April 2008 in Hanoi, Vietnam. Gail is 63 and I am 67.
So YES the years roll on!!!!
I will not be able to attend the re-union in Trinidad scheduled for this November, distance, cost etc. prevents.
However it would have been great to meet up with any of you.
I am still trying the email address for Ricardo Figuera that I had, but it has not worked for quite awhile.
So if any of you guys particularly in Venezuela have his new address, please forward and let me know.
I have been in touch with Ricardo over some time but not recently.
He also sent some pictures in the past of your meetings in Caracas, so I have an idea of how the years have treated you.
As you can see, we are about on par!!!!
I have often enjoyed Roberto Boddington's photos on the circulars from Ladislao, so thanks to you for shooting these, although I cannot remember you doing so.
Will also try to find and attach a picture of our family for you.
With love and best wishes to you all and your families and I look forward to your replies.
Please try to keep in touch and help me with any other email addresses from 1958 class.
Tim
And here's a photograph of him:
Best regards. 
Hey, if you have any information about your brother, Pablo, to pass on to us, I'd be very grateful. Of particular importance is his email address and location, but a decent photograph of him and of you too, would be appreciated. 
God be with you.
Nigel Boos
Class of 1960 
---------------------------------------------------------------.
George Mickiewicz
13 Feb 2011 https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif 
Hi Ladislao;
Back on the road again this year. 
Spent 2.5 weeks in India in January. 
Now I am doing some consulting work with a nickel mining company in New Caledonia. 
The island is located in the South Pacific; east of Australia and north of New Zealand.
Would not surprise if some of the MSB graduates who live in this part of the world may have come to spend some vacation here. 
It is part of the French Polynesian protectorate. 
It reminds a lot of Trinidad in that from the coast you can look inland and see very high mountains. 
The ocean water is very calm and warm; it is very pleasant compared to what we experience at the beaches in the USA.    
Saw some good work recently by Eden Hutton and David Bratt identifying the guys in a 1957 photograph; great memory and job by them. 
Sending a photo of me enjoying some good prawns from the South Pacific. 
May God bless all, 
George 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Remember to look for the preceding issues to get all the Mount Inside issue No.10 
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount Inside No.10 page 9
08KA0009DINNER, the formal invitation to the event.
60UN0003CLASS1960, Another oldie goodie
59WK0047SPORTS, Start of a race





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.