Saturday 22 January 2011

Circular No 481




Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 22 January 2011 No.481
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
For those who wanted to get a glimpse of the first issue of the Circular, well here it is.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 28 November 2001. Circular No.1
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friends,
How are you??? I am starting this new way of circulars to keep you informed and send you a photo or article of common knowledge.
Since most of us are quite busy, it would be quite a shame if after all the effort we would go on for another 41 years just as if nothing has happened.
The web page is at the moment standing still but we know that Anthony Johnson is planning to actualise it soon.
Meanwhile I am going to keep you informed with a short dialog and a photo, article or whatever I can get my hands on.
Please feel free to comment and send them directly as I FW address to all who have an email address.
God Bless
Ladislao Kertesz
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: msb tennis court
Article: msb p03 6407 mount inside
Column: wvb 011021
-----------------------------------------------------------------
(P.S. the photo, article and column, can be looked at in the Blog page:
http://abbeyschool2001circulars.blogspot.com/
And here is the then Web page run by Anthony Johnson, class 1960.
http://MSBclassof1960.freeservers.com

We at the Circular really miss him, hope that he is alive and well, I presume that he must be retired by now.
Anthony please give me a sign and a couple of lines, your classmates send you greetings.
We also would appreciate a photo so that I may include it in a future Circular.
As to Wayne Vincent Brown, you all know that he died recently, one member less in class 1960.
I presume that he would not mind now if I publish the column that he used to write at a Jamaican Newspaper.
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: David Holmes
...22 jan 2011
From: glen evelyn <gevelyn1@bellsouth.net>
Laszlo,
What a nice surprise.
Greetings from Jakarta.
I was good friends with his older brother Frank.
Tried to contact over the years without success.
As I remember his father was in the Insurance business and they were living in Cuba before moving to Venezuela as children.
Not sure where the family originally came from.
However, they spoke perfect English, bright boys and short time at Mount.
David was a small and tough as nails.
Never say him cry.
Salvador might be able to fill in the blanks.
Saludos
Glen
----------------------------------------------------------------.
Alfredo Montiel Bezara <amontielb@megaval.com> wrote:
Nazi,
That's how I remember you !!
It has been a real pleasure to hear from you, at one point I thought you were in Germany, and since them we never heard from you.
Probably Andrés Larsen knew but also for some time I did not see Andrés.
Me agrada si vienes a Caracas podemos vernos en algún momento.
Pronto te escribo nuevamente,
Alfredo Montiel Bezara
MSB 67-72
---------------------------------------------------------------.
From: mlew@cantv.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:07:44 -0430
Hi salvador,
It has been a long time since I have had any contact with Mount boys who went to school during the 6 years I spent in mount.
Actually I have had more contact with the older generation like Urbano v. Fedak who I know from the German church in Caracas.
Also his brother Mathias I see often when he goes to play tennis at the Caracas sports club where I am a member.
I am also in touch with Pedro Castro, his brother Reinaldo, who is now working in the German church and Donald Goddard, whom I know from the time I worked in the oil industry for ten years in Maraven.
I do remember you and your mother and the hotel where we always used to stay when we went to Cumana.
I think I have only gone back once more when I took my wife to see where we use to live in Tunapuy, pasando Carupano where my father was a doctor.
Let me tell you a little bit about what I have been doing since I left mount (63-69) and provide some correct information since Andres Larsen did not get all the information correct.
I went to St. Mary’s University in Halifax, Canada, for one year, since my brother had gone there.
Then I followed my brother to Memorial University in Newfoundland, Canada, where I obtained a bachelors degree in geology.
From there I returned to Venezuela and worked in the Ministerio de Minas with Donald Goddard for about six months before I went back to Canada, Windsor, university in Windsor, Ontario.
There I did my masters degree in geology and my thesis was the study of the natural solar pond that exists in the island of Grand Roque in the archipelago los Roques.
In Windsor I met my wife and once I finished I left for Gottingen, Germany, where I did a PhD in geochemistry. 
I returned to Venezuela and worked one year in Intevep and nine years at Maraven.
In 1991, I left Maraven and went into the wholesale jewellery business where I continue to work.
Actually, I just came back today with my wife from New York, where we attended a jewellery show.
I have a house in Boca Raton and we come and go about once a month.
I have two boys, Misha (23) and Yuri (21), they are both in university in Canada.
Misha is at York in Toronto studying economics and Yuri is in Carleton university in Ottawa studying computer science.
Misha played professional tennis until last year but that did not go too good.
When he was 12 he spent two years at the Niki Pilic academy in Munich.
I will send you pictures of him with the current Australian open champion Novak Djokovich.
With regards to the nazi name, that was the name given to my brother while in Mount and once I got there they also called me nazi.
I think it had to do with my brother speaking German, I was not that fluent at that time.
Actually my mother is German and my father Ukrainian.
The Ronnie is what my mother still calls me but my real name is Myron, a common Ukrainian name.
I am returning to Venezuela on the 9th and I will send you some pictures of the family  once I am there.
I am glad that all is going well with you and your family.
By the way, how is your mother doing?
My regards to her.
If you ever come to Florida let me know, maybe I might be here and we can get together.
All the best
Myron
----------- Mensaje Original --------------
De: Salvador Coscarart [salborbolla@hotmail.com]
Fecha: 29/01/2008 16:12:57
Hola ronnie .
Espero que tu y tu familia esten todos bien y tambien tu mama .
Aqui estoy viviendo en Lafayette Louisiana y mi hermano Pedro en St. Petersburg Florida.
Despues del Mount nos vinimos a estudiar aqui en Louisiana state university en Baton Rouge Louisiana.
Y nos quedamos por aqui.
Yo casado desde el 80 y con tres hijos ya todos graduados en Physical Therapy.
El mayor casado y el segundo para casarse en mayo 17 y mi hija de 21 tambien con su fiance para casarse muy pronto asi como ves ya la nueva generacion de los Coscarart para adelante jajajaj.
Pedro tambien casado dos veces y cuatro hijos el mayor de 23 y 21 3 1 y medio jajajajajaj
Parece a un conejito .
Bueno veo por el e-mail que me mando Andres Larsen que estas muy bien tambien .
Un cordial saludo y abraso que Dios los protejas y los cuide siempre.
Salvador coscarart.
Abbey boy 67-74.
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Hello Ronnie.
I hope that you and your family also are all good and also your mother
Here I am living in Louisiana Lafayette and my brother Pedro is in St. Petersburg.
After Mount we came to study here in Louisiana State University in Louisiana Baton Rouge.
And we remained here.
I married in 80 and with three children already all graduated in physical therapy.
The eldest married and the second about to get married 17 May and my daughter of 21 also with his fiancé getting married in a moment as well as you see already the new generation of Coscarart for ahead jajajaj.
Pedro also married twice and four children the average major of 23 and 21 3 1 and jajajajajaj.
He seems to be a guinea pig.
Good I see by the email that I received from Andres Larsen to me that you are very well also.
A warm greeting and a hug, that God always protect you takes care of and them.
Salvador Coscarart.
Abbey boy 67-74.
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
Andres Larsen <andres_larsen@yahoo.com>...
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:41:37 AM
Hello Nigel
"Nazi" is none other than Myron, also known as Ronnie, Lew.
He is married to a Canadian, they both are chemical engineers but he is in the precious gems business, also doing business in the Netherlands and Belgium.
He and his wife commute between Florida and Caracas.
They have two grown sons, both in college, and both, from what I understand, also majoring in chemical engineering.
Myron and his two sons are professional tennis players on the side.
In his younger days Myron and family would stay on vacations at the hotel that Salvador Coscarart's mother, Theresa, owned and ran in Cumana in eastern Venezuela.
Hope that clears things up a bit about "Nazi".
His e-mail address is mlew@cantv.net
Best regards
Andres Larsen
--------------------------------------------------------------.
The Circular would like to publish more of the old bulletins, please look up you memorabilia, and keep the bulletin through out 2011.
Who knows, maybe we might have articles in 2012 the 100th anniversary of the Abbey.
Now to the photos.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
--------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
BULLETIN No. 10 MOUNT INSIDE Page 1, March 1966
58WK0037SPORTSGRP, Start of the 100 yard race
10LK0029LKEVALENCIA, Ladislao Kertesz in Valencia Spain
08RH7104REUNION, Rolph Hive.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.