Saturday 10 December 2011

Circular No 527










Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 10 December 2011 No.527
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Some Gregorian songs, sorry no record for MSB singing.

And some lost ALUMNI:
Azar Edmund
Azar Jeff
Azar Jimmy
Azar Joseph
Azar Michael
Azar Robert
A long list of Azar´s, strange that we have lost contact with them.
I presume that some of them have died.
Can you help??
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Dennis Gurley
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:18 PM
Subject: RE: Board of Directors - Appointment to Abbey School Alumni Association
Hi Joe and Chris;
I am pleased to inform you that I have heard from Ladislao that he accepts our proposal that he be appointed as a director.
I shall accordingly proceed to file the necessary Notice at the Companies Registry.
Ladislao asked if we have any plans for next year, and would like to have something to publish for the 100th anniversary. Please drop him a line if you have any ideas.
We need to activate the ASAA and have a get together.
Dennis Gurley
--------------------------------------------------.
Thanks, Ladislao,
They are both published. Congratulations, we are now completely up to date.
I changed the link to the article you so generously referred to. I
It was a weird link.
I used the correct one:
Hope you don't mind.
Keep well.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------.
Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:18 AM
Dear Ladislao,
I saw an e mail from Derek Phillips in Australia, wherein he mentions my brother Wally.
I’d like to drop him a note. Can you send me his e mail address?
Thanks and regards
Roger Gillezeau
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Nigel Boos
Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:38 AM
Thought you'd like to see this:
Over to you, Anthony.
I'd love to get a recent photograph of yourself, for our records.
Also, a paragraph or two as to your whereabouts, your work, etc. would be interesting to the OB's.
Nigel
Class of 1960
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2011-11-07, at 2:23 PM, anthony ali wrote:
Tears nearly came to my eyes, i really had some of the best years of my life at the Abbey, i am going to call my mother and ask her if she still has some pictures of me in the Scout band playing the Bugle and Trumpet.
I love that place, it so sad that its falling apart.i visited the Abbey a few weeks ago, the school is now and has been a drug rehab, all fenced around like a prison. The roads are full of land slides, they even told me that the place is not safe anymore, people have been robbed and they had a rape a few months ago and the woman was tide to a tree for God knows how long.
How sad, i know the monks are doing the best that they can, but its sad the Government is letting a historical landmark fall apart like that.
On my visit i saw Fr. Cuthbert poor fella he is getting so old his eye sight is falling apart but he is still trucking alone, God Bless him he was like a father to me!
I looked for Fr. Odo, but he was available, probably napping! Brilliant man he tried to make me learn math, but i screwed around to much and only wanted to play sports, which i was good at, but that got me no were.
Fr. Benedict(Vosh) i was told he died in 2009, i remember we called him the mad chemist, another great man!
Anthony Mark Ali, EMT/P,FF,RM,EMS/AHA Instructor.
954-306-1188
868-350-2208
868-794-8406
------------------------------------------------------.
On 2011-11-07, at 1:34 PM, anthony ali wrote:
Wow! 1960, thats awesome, i wasn't even born yet.
I was born in 1967, and attended Abbey school in the years 1981-1985, my class was the last class to graduate from the Abbey before the very sad closing of the school.
I left Trinidad in 1992 to live in the USA, but had to return to Trinidad recently this year.
Any chance that you have any pictures of the school scout band. Bro Francis was the scout leader at the time.
It was very nice of you to respond to me, hope to hear from you very soon.
Thank You
-------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 6:03 AM
Hello, Anthony.
At long last, your class is beginning to emerge from the dark horizons of yesteryear. Thank you for contacting us.
We've been waiting for you.
"We", i.e. Ladislao Kertesz (in Venezuela) and I, and 1300 other Old Boys of MSB have been in quite regular contact with one another for the past 8 years or so, and we've enjoyed the company, via emails, occasional lunches, suppers and reunions, of our compadres from the Abbey School days.
A sizeable amount of information has been gathered, but as each new OB becomes known to us, we would like to know a little about him - sort of who, when, what, where, why and how stuff.
So, in keeping with the general idea, would you like to give us some news about yourself, perhaps, and even a picture of the recent past might help?
We have very little info concerning the OB's of the 1980's, so if you can help to fill us with new or corrected information, in we'd very much appreciate it.
To the best of our knowledge, here are the names of the OB's who, according to our records, were the last to attend the Abbey School, before it's closure in June 1985:
I look forward to hearing from you.
Nigel Boos
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Nigel Boos
Monday, August 8, 2011 7:10 AM
Hello, Kim.
Nice to hear from you. No! I do not know of any such photograph/s, but you've given me a good idea.
I'm going to ask Ladislao Kertesz to include a request to the Old Boys of the Abbey School still based in Trinidad to take a drive up the hill with a camera and to photograph the Stations of the Cross for us. These photographs would form an interesting collage for us all.
Thanks for the idea.
Nigel
P.S. Laz - Kim is the daughter of Errol Ng-Hem (Class of 1968) who died in Toronto in 2009. She makes an interesting suggestion, I think.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2011-08-07, at 10:48 PM, Kim Ng-Hem wrote:
Hi Nigel,
Hope all is well with you and your family.
I had an idea of a card I wanted to make that reminds me of my visit to Mount St. Benedict.
The most moving part of the visit was on the way down and passing the stations of the cross.
Would you know if such a photo exists?
Thanks for any light you can shed.
Regards,
Kim Ng-Hem
647.217.0079
Have a blessed day!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Richard Schuler <shakey@njcsystems.com>
I only know the ones that are named the others are familiar but names I cannot remember.
Richard.

From: laszlo kertesz [mailto:kertesz11@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 11:18 PM
Dear Friend
I am sending you this Newsletter of the Abbey School .
What can you remember??
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------.
From: Richard Schuler shakey@njcsystems.com
Ladislao,
That photo was got from the Mount site you guys have put out.
I did not go to Mount but was friendly with many Mount boys.
I was involved with the construction of the swimming pool in 1956-57.
Regards,
Richard Schuler.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount Inside No. 6407 page 15
09NG0001CARD, Errol Ng rememberance card
4 November 2011, on the appointment
55HH0008SPORTSFIELDFABBOT, Taken at the then grand stand.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.