Saturday 5 February 2011

Circular No 483






Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 5 February 2011 No.483
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
From here on, I shall be resending the old Circulars to complement your emails.
There has been a slow down on new information, I presume that all of you might have run out of time and or remembrances.
No worry, the Circular is ready to publish your DUES for this year, as soon as you send them in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 7 of December 2001. Circular No.3
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear friends,
I am receiving comments on this new way of communicating with you. I can reassure you that I am going to answer individually those that send direct.
I have the following new names that maybe someone can give me a clue as the email address, whereabouts, From V graduation date, nickname, and any information that might be useful to be used for the index that will appear in the reviewed web page.
(Various names)
It would be nice if you would write the names of msb friends that you remember to share. I am going to keep a general list to be sent out with all the information that you supply.
God Bless
Ladislao Kertesz
-----------------------------------------------------
Photo: ?
Article: msb p06 6407 mount inside
Column: wvb 011125 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: Tim Healy <timhealy@email.com>
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:43:44 PM
Azizul,
Good call. 
I may be a simpleton but it made me smile, sending out a roll call.
I remember sending an email to Glen McKoy, a couple of weeks before the John Gioanetti fiasco, telling Glen not to stop sending emails about the Mount boys because I enjoyed them so much, even though I never replied.
John's behaviour really struck two cords with me. 
First, we do affect people’s life. 
And sadly, some people never, ever grasp life.
I come home now and almost religiously check to see what you guys are saying. 
It has become a wonderful sense of companionship for me.
Before, by the time I checked my email the numbers would be somewhere in the hundreds.
It's kinda funny when I am up late and send an email I can count on Neil to reply instantly. 
I doh no, like de man doh have no life :)
Some people have used this forum to lash-out, I gratefully accept every ones friendship.
Now since I still work for a living (see attached pictures of current job) and I am 53 sleep has become a primary criteria and this relationship does interfere with this need therefore I may not be as responsive as some of you semi-retired friends.
In short, thanks y'all.
Tim
Wanna-be-Redneck
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Salco56@cs.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:41:54 EDT
My phone numbers are 865-388-8956 (Cell, it will change soon) and my Home is 423-318-6757. 
Where did you see Joe Berment, he spent some time with me in Fla a couple of years ago. 
I have an email address for him but he has not replied...
----- Original Message ----------------------------------------------
From: Salco56@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:25:43 EDT
Hi Tim long time.
How are you doing?
Send me your phone # so I can call you.
My cell # is 337-303-6124. And my home is 337-668-4595.
I am going offshore tomorrow at 5 a.m. and will be back around Saturday.
I spoke with Joseph Berment from Trinidad, do you remember him.
Any way we spoke for a while and reminisce some old good times, well take care and best wishes to you and your family,
Regards Salvador.
Adios baby. Hahahahah
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:46:11 -0800 (PST)
From:  "ladislao kertesz" <kertesz12@yahoo.com> 
Dear Tim,
I got your classmate list belatedly read.
Also the year of the photos.
Sorry for the questions in my first email.
Still if you would like, answer the other questions, just like your resume, just for the listing.
My best wishes for a New Year 2007 with a lot of prosperity and health.
God Bless
Ladislao
----- Original Message -------------------------------------------
From: "ladislao kertesz"
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:04:27 -0800 (PST)
Dear Tim
Hope that these Xmas holidays are well spent with lots of family gathering.
Can you help this Santa´s helper in gathering the ALUMNI of the Abbey School??
Please send me a photo, a sign, and maybe a resume to include in Circular 254 to be sent out soon.
Of course a photo would be cherished.
A short run down of your classmates??
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Tim Healy [mailto:timhealy@email.com]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 21:58
Subject: Tim Healy's overdue library book
OK so you want some input,
My brother was Mike Healy, attended mount 68 and 69.
Apparently got in a big fight with Copeland at the end of 68. 
Used to be called Shortfoot and hung out with the Peter Quesnel crowd.
Anyone recall that fight? 
It was the year before I came to the Mount.
Want some real input, I wrote a short story back in the early nineties.
It is too long to put in this email and I can't find the Word file right now to attach it but it is on my web page www.timhealy.net <http://www.timhealy.net/> .
The story is called In Search of Imagine...by John Lennon. 
Find it after you click on the Short Stories link at the left of the home page.
In it I share a walk I had with my first love through POS and the Savannah to 160 Belmont Circ. Rd. where she lived.
The story is fiction.
In it I take liberties with events that actually happened.
Any of you remember these events?  Remember her real name? Anyone wants to contribute their recollections of the events?
I wrote this story and a few others as a healing exercise during my divorce in late 80's and early 90's. 
For those who do not know me English is my third language after Dutch and Taki-Taki.
The story has not been edited. 
Any support in editing will be welcomed.
As a security note: the most traumatic event I had at Mount was going back four years after graduating and finding that the view from White Stones was stolen from me by some idiots that planted Pine trees (so feel free to critique). 
I would pay big money to be able to sit up there today as it was 30 years ago.
God, it was so beautiful up there looking over Maracas Valley and El Tucuche always shrouded in a light blue veil and around to the Gulf of Paria. 
I remember running from the top of White Stones and dipping down the steep incline at full speed so that all I could do to keep my balance was to let go until the razor grass stopped me where it levelled off and I'd lay there, looking up, high on adrenaline, feeling like a cobo that just made his first flight.
Meh whole body would be all cut-up and burning. 
But the biggest cut-up would be the smile on my face.
I remember some week-ends we had off I would stay up and spend the whole week-end in the bush by myself. 
I would wake up and do Vespers with the priests at 4AM.
I have been blessed.
And Skippy, Poggy, Pig and me, liming at Sabina in St James... but that's for another day.
Guys I love everything you do in this forum and Circulars, I appreciate your efforts. 
I cannot contribute regularly but will do so more often.
Tarzan...
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:46:30 +0000
As for the Den-Man that would be Tim.
The forestry commission still looking for him for wrecking the environment.
And you were the king of mischief.
Secret places in our own back-yard.
Imagine if they had a hardware store close by.
I was probably the biggest burglar when it came to potassium nitrate, sulphur and carbon.
As soon as Kitty (the Queen of Mount most loving Lady) turned her back the bottle of oxygen maker was gone.
Learned to blow a tree in two from Ian "Professor Fate".
I turned them into perfect lean-up-on trees in one bang.
The thing I enjoyed most was the cook-ups of stolen grub from Mrs Tardier.
It was good times and my education suffered as a result.
I had to go back to High school in Florida at 27 years old before I could be accepted into College.
The only GCE I passed at Mt was English. 
Saludos
G#2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Some more by John Gioannetti 
Garth Alexander another bully but not one of the terribly horrific ones.
He loved to steal from me.
A watch, a Transistor Radio (Contraband, so I could do nothing)
My sweet drink, 
I would pee in an empty sweet drink, and when I saw them coming I would pour it into my drink, put up a little resistance, get a cuff or two until I relinquished the bottle,
Then enjoy seeing them guzzling my drink with much gusto. 
Wonder if Garth ever drank any, any one wondering now 
When I first came back to T&T I went to pelican one night.
I was at the bar ordering a drink, and Garth came up beside me.
He looked at me and said are you still a little shit.
I replied there is only one way for you to find out.
He grunted and slithered off.
I did have my helmet in my hand, I have seen a few people get a helmet in their mouth it is not a nice thing. 
I frequently go to the Office of The Prime Minister, for an installation I am doing there.
He is somehow affiliated with one of the Oil Companies in that building,
He calls out like I am his best friend.
I just totally ignore him. 
----------------------------------------------------------------.
Dr Eric Williams "hanging out" with The Beatles
...16 feb 2011
From: Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com> 
Shaun,
Excellent photos man, really cool,
Thanks again later
Glen. 
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:05:05 -0400
Subject: Dr Eric Williams "hanging out" with The Beatles
TNT's First Prime Minister, Dr. Eric Williams, hanging out with John Lennon & George Harrison  ... in 1968.
Almost everyone has a cigarette in hand.
That's John Lennon's wife, Cynthia Lennon, on his left. 
Not long after this picture was taken, Lennon divorced Cynthia and shacked up with Yoko Ono. 
We have always wondered if Dr Williams influenced Lennon to go Asian......"The Doc" had a preference for Chinese Food.
--------------------------------------------------------------.
Now to the photos. 
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
--------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
77WH0017WHAGRP, Wayne Hackett, unknowns
Bulletin No.10. p.3, copy of the old bulletin
65EW0001EWIGRP, Eric Williams and the Beetles
08DM5200REUNION2008, Christopher Knowles, Peter Tang, Jean de Meillac and Dennis Gurley.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.