Saturday 19 February 2011

Circular No 485



Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 19 February 2011 No.485
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
Another old Circulars to complement your emails.
Please increase your writing activity with  new information, I presume that all of you still might have some information that you have not produced for the Circular.
No worry, the Circular is ready to publish your DUES for this year. 
Big thanks to the members of Salah's Steelpan Academy for their dedication and hard work in making this 4th consecutive victory possible.
Special thanks to my Family for their unequal support.
Thanks to Silver Stars members and friends for their support at the live show and special thanks to Edwin and Alvin for composing and writing a great song "Battle Zone" ...
Give Thanks & Praise 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 21 of December 2001. Circular No.5
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends, 
I received this short note from Graham Gonsalves, if you remember he was with us during From I and maybe Form II. 
No Nativity:
The High Court of Trinidad and Tobago has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity scene in Port of Spain this Christmas. This isn’t for any religious or constitutional reason. They simply have not been able to find three wise men and a virgin in the Nation’s capital. There was no problem, however, to find enough asses to fill the stable. 
Additional new names that maybe someone can give me a clue as the email address, whereabouts, From V graduation date, nickname, and any information that might be useful to be used for the index that will appear in the reviewed web page. 
Those that read msb p05 6407 mount inside maybe would remember the various names in the m.o.l.d.s. society. 
I remember Hoffle, who is here in Caracas I believe, I shall contact him soon. 
Rafi, Raffensperger?. He became a doctor and is in the government practice. 
Again for those that might not have received the last circular, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and as a gift, that some of us would be able to meet and share past friendships. 
God Bless 
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: msb pos cannonlk
Article: Msb 07 6407 mount inside
Column: wvb 011216  
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2-Apr-09, at 12:22 PM, Gittens, Peter W. wrote: 
Nigel,
I am retiring from teaching in the USA and will be living in  Burlington , Ontario .
I took possession of our new house in Burlington on Feb. 27 and ever since I have been commuting every week from Burlington to New Orleans (weekends in  Burlington ) until the end of the academic year at the end of April.
I will resume my old position as an adjunct professor of Theology at St. Augustine Seminary in  Toronto . 
I am scheduled to teach a Moral Theology course starting on July 7.
When you update the Data Bank, my new address is
4625 Simmons Road
Burlington  ON    L7M 0J3
Home phone: 289 313-0648
e-mail:  pgittens1@gmail.com 
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sterling Hackett
...5 JAN 2011
From: "chandrateelucksingh@hotmail.com" <chandrateelucksingh@hotmail.com> http://mail.yimg.com/a/i/us/pim/dclient/img/spacer_1.gif 
Hi Gentlemen,
I'm sure you recall Sterling Hackett and his younger brother Wayne.
Sterling was in our class
I just read that his mum passed away. His # is 868 792 2281
Regards
Chandra 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Hudsonmckoy <hudsonmckoy@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 02:25:21 -0400 
Hi Guys,
Good to hear from Winston Ing Shing...we need to locate Jerry Campbell a.k.a. BBC...can the T&T contingent try to talk to his wife or sister and find out what happened to him...
I believe he did an Air Traffic Controller course at Piarco; his father also owned the tyre shop on Charlotte St. P.O.S. across from Dr Rat;
I believe he also went to Miami Sea Quarium as a marine biologist but this is thru the grapevine...
tks...Hudson... 
-----Original Message---------------------------------------
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 6:15 pm 
Hey Guys,
This is probably some sorta deja vu, the "finding" of Winston Ing Shing.
Recently, Sterling Hackett and I were chatting about our Mount classmates and Winston, your name came up as one we have not heard of or from since leaving school.
Keep in touch
Chandra Teelucksingh
My # is 868 680 6424. Sterling is 868 792 2281  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Hudsonmckoy <hudsonmckoy@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:44:04 -0400 
Hi Winston,
I haven't seen you since leaving school. I heard you were living in Toronto.
Good to hear from you.
Send us some info.
Hudson McKoy. H.818-308-6951 or C.818-355-7670. 
-----Original Message--------------------------------------------
From: Nigel P. Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca>
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 2:02 am 
Thank you so much for forwarding Winston's email to me, Krishna.
But at 2.14 am? 
Man, you should be in bed.
OK, I'll get in touch with him and take it from here.
Thanks again. 
=======-----------------------------------------------------====
Hello Winston, 
Hey, it took you some time to find us, but I'm sure glad you did.  
Welcome! 
Ladislao Kertesz (Class of 1960) of Venezuela is the brains behind this thing.
He had the bright idea, a few years ago, to try to contact all the Old Boys of MSB's Abbey School, and to open up a forum for discussion between ourselves.
That's all we're doing.
We've had a number of interesting events come out of this simple idea - Reunions here, Reunions there, a Visit of a Cadet Training Ship to T'dad, captained by another OB, Suppers, Visits from one OB to another, opening up of our lives to the world of OB's, Circulars (you've seen some), history discussions, etc., etc. 
We'd sure like to know more about you, whenever you find the time.
One paragraph would probably do it, with, hopefully, a photograph of you with your family.
Tell us what you did after leaving MSB, where you live, what you're doing today, your family stuff, and whether or not you're in touch with any other OB's. (I'm looking for their email addresses and telephone numbers, if you can share them.) 
BTW, Krishna says that you left MSB around '74 - '75. I've copied this note to all of the OB's from that time whose email addresses I have.
Perhaps you know these guys, perhaps not. In any case, this is merely an attempt to get them to drop you a line to say "Howdy" 
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Nigel P. Boos 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2010-10-05, at 2:14 AM, krishna toolsie wrote: 
Nigel and Glen: 
Another prodigal mount boy is back in the fold..   
He left for Canada around 74 or 75.
Regards,
Krishna 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 02:34:23 -0400 
Hi Krishna,
To a big surprise, I found your name while googling and have read quite a few of your circulars posted on the web.
Dated may 9, 2008 I see that you still remember me.
Would like to get in touch if possible
Don’t know where you are now but with the internet, it’s not that far away.
Regards
Winston Ing Shing 
--------------------------------------------------------------.
Some more reminiscence by John Gioannetti. 
I have every right to be angry 
The weekend I got off from mount to go get my license. 
I came back up the Sunday night.  
Everyone was up by refectory eating hot dogs the customary sunday night menu 
I was at the notice by the bursars office down stairs reading. 
I suddenly felt a sharp blow to my kidneys, soon followed by many multiple blows.  
There were a few of them, I never saw a face. I just dropped to the ground and rolled into the fetal position and covered my face and head as best as I could. 
After the beating, I got up and asked Cuthbert to use the telephone. He would not let me. 
I tricked Kitty Marcus into letting me use the sacred telephone in the office down stairs. 
Cuthbert came in and caught me and started to scold me, threatening punishment. I never got chance to complete the call. 
As you will recall all traffic up the St. Johns road, ceased at about six o'clock 
It was probably around 10 o'clock 
I walked down the hill, hitched rides and walked till I got to Maraval. 
Woke my parents up to get in the house. 
I said I don't care, put me out, punish me, beat me do what you want. I am not going back there, I never even gave them the details, never even went to get my things at MSB.  
You people glorify this and call it school boy bullying. This is way beyond bullying. 
I call you cowards, cowards at the time to do this and worse as grown men to be cowards to try to justify this.  
Dirty stinking contemptuous cowards you old boys and the priest who condoned and even encouraged this. 
This was not a 1 and 1 fight, face to face. This is what you are proud of. Your children and grandchildren, you would tell them that this is ok if they were subjected to this. 
Bet before they finished telling you the story, you would be on the phone calling your lawyer to sue somebody. Because despite you claim to being men because of MSB, you would be afraid to confront the offenders or people responsible for the well being of your children. 
-------------------------------------------------------------.
Now to the photos. 
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
--------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount inside No.10 page 5
65EW0002EWIJLE, Eric Williams and John Lennon
58UN0001CLASS59AND1960, Group photo with Fr. Augustine.
56KA0020SCOUTS, Photo by Kenneth Austin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.