Saturday 27 August 2011

Circular No 512






Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 27 August 2011 No.512

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Cannot believe that there are no CLASS 1972 oldboys with memory for their classmates??

I have sent out the photo 3 times and no takers.

We have lost the following old boys:

Pow             Martin
Pow             Mervyn
Pow             Norman

Please give us some hint where we can look?
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 22 of June 2002. Circular No.32

Dear Friends,

The following messages were received from: Michael D´ornellas and Robert Lee:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ladislao,

I got this email from one of my classmates, Robert Lee, who is currently living in Canada. It gives some insight on what he and his family are doing. Do you have him on your mailing list? He mentions an Abbey website below.
Take Care & God Bless
' Specs '
---------------------------------------------------------------
Michael,

Wow! Those photos are really a flash from the past. My memory is also fading because I cannot remember all the names. I recognize the faces but I cannot put a name to all. If you see Allan again tell him his e-mail address is bouncing back. Perhaps, I have an incorrect e-mail. How is you son doing in Canada? You were going to put him in touch with me.

I was elected to the education committee of Factors Chain International last week. I will be able to travel to Europe 4 times during the year and at least once to the Orient. The committee of four has a mandate to write 2 manuals this year. One is on running a finance company in the early stages and another on dispute prevention. This should be fun with a Brit, Turk and a Czech on the committee.

PJ my actor son finally got his mug on the silver screen for a couple of seconds in the opening scenes of Denzell Washington movie, John Q. He recently did a solo commercial with a speaking role for “String Cheese” on YTV.

Baseball season is fast approaching.

Robert Lee

PS> Tony did a fabulous job with the Mount web-site!
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing the Who is Where, thanks to Roger Henderson:

21. David Pampellone has his own business in Trinidad

I have just received the Venezuelan Boys list from the 1970s, and the msb listing is hitting the 750 mark. I have been contacting some of the boys using the phone book and hope to have some information of the 1970 era.
What I find interesting is that outside Judge Lucky and Ian Smart, the alumnae of the 1942 to 1957 are lost. There are no photos and neither names!. I would like you to comment on this. Every member of the 1960 graduating class has been found and we are in contact, but where are the other classes??.

SCOUTING OR NO SCOUTING.

There is a lack of news on scouting activity.  I cannot believe that this activity did not leave a mark on its members. How about the yearly trek to the North coast?? for those wanting the badge, maybe someone can tell me the badge´s name??

Who were the Queen´s Scouts???, what did they do??, I cannot believe that all of you threw the badges away as something without value!!!. What about the structures that were build for the annual competition???, against who??, I can write about the scouts as I saw them from the outside but that is not fair, I cannot conceive that the continuous practice, flag waving, construction, cooking delicious chicken, making dozens of knots, memorizing booklets, wonderful camping, sightseeing trips by WV bus, taking the oath and Fr.Ildefons tutoring, did not make a story.

I still have my Lifesaving medallion and cross and buy badges for both, for use in my bathing suit???, when they get old!!, it helps to create conversation with children and friends.

In the attached photo your friends Matias Fedak (Scout??), myself, Pepe Braggio.
God Bless

Ladislao

-----------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Glen Mckoy
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:36 AM

Cornel,
You got a cute little family going there, so good to read your kind words, and a true one love feeling, that emits thru the brothers,
I am sending this letter to Ladislao, and he will circulate to others, of course if you don't mind ? but I read your request for others to be able to share with you, this unique experience, your joy of being part of this Realm, that stood the test of time, and continues up to right now.
Long Live the Mount, and all, "The Silent- Knights", as we walk upon the same path that leads back to that Castle in the Sky. 
Thank you, "Oh Knight of Compassion, for your inspiring words, that cuts right thru the heart, as the light shines upon you, the angels will visit you also, may God shower his blessings upon you my brother,
Amen.

(Castle/Records: Included into the book/King of Hearts/28/09/2010/G.McKoy/MSB)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 02:13:19 -0400

Rafael:
I am sure I sent you these, could you please confirm.
Thanks, Cornel

If you have any Old MSB Black and Whites taken by good old photographer Father Benedict, could you share them?? 

Cornel A. de Freitas
MSB 1959-1964
PAX IN VERTUTE
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: corneldefreitas@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:28:14 -0400

Thank you Rafael,
And even better, thanks for showing you care.
I am hoping this message makes it to all of our Beloved brothers...
It would be nice one day to engage you in a conversation, in an exchange in e-mails, about our life and times at Our Abbey School.
That "White Castle in the Sky on Mount Tabor" that Glen (McKoy) refers to so very often, in his book of the "King of Hearts".
I really hope Glen does write a book about the "Knights of White Stones".
Glen's "Pen" is like onto a Golden Thread that weaves through us all, and in doing so keeps us together like the 'Loving Caring Family' that we aspire to be.
Of all the boys I encountered in my time at "The Abbey School, Mount St. Benedict, and with all of the 'Ups and Downs' I may have experienced in those wonderful days, there is not any one of my brothers that I have ever held a grudge against, and I would like to think that this applies to all of our brothers.
I would like to think that this sentiment would apply to all and be true for all.
I have been engaging in a "chat" via MSN Messenger with our 'Illustrious' Brother, Salvador Coscarart. 
He is currently in the Gulf of Mexico supervising a project there. 
For the last couple of days, when I sign on to MSN messenger, he has been online, and we get to 'chat' for a few minutes.
I 'named' Sal, 'Knight Ambassador'- (You can ask Glen (McKoy).
I have named him 'Knight Ambassador', because he travels around the world to help us link up with any 'missing old boy' and brings them into the fold. 
This man is a caring man, and I really appreciate the nice things he is doing. 
I understand that he will be travelling to Santo Domingo in October to hook up with another one of our 'lost brothers'
I met Salvador Coscarart for the first time at our little 'Mini re-union' in Ajax, Ontario, Canada. 
That little re-union actually started out with one of our classmates, Terrence Ferreira, coming up to Toronto to visit his mother, and he was going to meet Nigel Boos for a coffee.
Since I had just been 'found' myself, by Ladislao Kertesz, and he hooked me up to Nigel Boos. 
I found out he (Nigel) was meeting Terrence for a coffee and I asked if I could join them, and it gradually blossomedinto a "Mini re-Union" at a West Indian Roti Restaurant called "Rotiliscious", in the town of Ajax, Ontario.
Nigel said it would be nice if the wives could join us, and it turned out to be a really great evening of camaraderie and friendship with a bunch of Old MSB boys/men
Any way, my note is turning into a book, I should close now.
Till the next time we 'speak'.
All the Best,
Cornel

It is really nice to hear from you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
PHOTOS OF RENNY, 1974 IN CUMANA, VENEZUELA.
Monday, August 2, 2010 10:11 PM
From: "salvador coscarart" <coscarartsalvador@hotmail.com>

Dear Giancarlo.
Here are some of the photos that I have, from your dad when he went to spend a week with me and my brother at our hotel in Cumana, Venezuela.
This was in 1974 after we graduated from THE ABBEY SCHOOL.
Please let me know if you received the other ones I send you yesterday and if you get this ones okey.
May god bless you and your mother and give you strength on this very hard times, my prayers are with you and may Renny rest in peace.
God was in need of a good person and he choose Renny .
Very good man he was and very good friend as well.
If you do ever come around Lafayette, Louisiana USA.
Here is my numbers. 337-412-8751.
You are very well welcome.
MI CASA ES SU CASA.
ADIOS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Monday, May 31, 2010 9:21 AM
From: "winston kerry" <wrkerry@gmail.com>

You really look fantastic after all these years!! lol!! !
We really had a great time at the gathering of the old boys at the China Palace, Maraval.
Just reminding you about the recent photos that were taken at the gathering!
Can you send me the copies of the photos, I would really appreciate it!!! 
You can send it to my home address at San Carlos Road, Guanapo, Arima, Trinidad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount Inside 6404 p08
71UN0001CLASS1972, can you add manes or check.
74SC0202RVI, Renny Villafana´s memories
49RC0001RCHCCH, The Chenault brothers
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.