Friday 30 September 2011

Circular No 517








Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 30 September 2011 No.517
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. 
Caracas, 20 July 2002. Circular No.37
------------------------------------------------
Dear friends now a few lines form Cheche, clarifying his views on a “literary” slip up that occurred in my circular.
I believe that the sentences and feelings expressed by Cheche are common to all Mount boys, we did have differences but on the long run the spirit that we learned at the Mount has made a mark in our lives.
------------------------------------------------
Dear Ladislao, 
First of all let me say this: I don't know what you are talking about my Good Friend ! I just never received that text where I am apparently being the object of unpleasant expressions. I must have done harm to this person .... but I am not aware of that .. at all. If I was I would not hesitate in presenting my sincere apologies and try to repair the damage. 
But you know how they say "...whatever everyone else think of me is not my problem ..." We are all humans Ladislao and we are filled ... at certain points in life .. with incredible frustrations that may mark us for the rest of our lives ... or perhaps ... for important periods of time. 
What really amazes me is that I never believed I could be so important as to remain in the mind or heart of a person for such a long time. I feel that my mind and heart are clean. I never harmed ... on purpose ... any of my fellow students at Mount. I always felt very proud of all my fellow students .. MOUNT BOYS ... even my enemies. I had two or three fights ... never won any of them. But I strengthen my resolute and those who dared mess with me ... never dared again to do so. So I learned. We all did !. I have to admit that I always had lots of problems in Mount. They just hated me ... and my brother ... for no reason ... just for free ... they just could not stand ... I guess ... that we were some sort of privileged individuals. I admit that. AND ...I admit ... specially me !!! The fact is that I was the son of the Venezuelan Ambassador at the time and I certainly was ... I think I still am ... a very "forward"  type of person. My activities in music and my personal relationships always reflected that kind of personality which seemed to create strong resentments in others. That can't be helped. That is just the risk I had to take for being who I am and how I am. I have played fair. That behaviour seems to have always created a lot of reactions from my fellow students who judged me as being too conceited ... or believing I was some "great stuff". Right now I laugh at the words someone told me once in Mount ( I remember who said this but I am not going to mention his name .. I don't want or create more resentment)... this guy looked at me and shouted ..."who do you think you are ??? ... GOD ??? " 
Ladislao, my good friend, please do not feel bad. It is not your fault. You are doing a GREAT JOB  making an effort to bring people together .. THE MOUNT BOYS ... and you have made me so happy bringing the greatest and happiest moments of my life .... and giving me the opportunity once again to get in touch or communicate with great people I did not know about for the last 35 YEARS !!!! So, please do not feel any regrets. You do not need to apologize whatsoever. 
You keep being the same old good Ladislao. I have a lot to thank you for . All Mount Boys have a lot to thank you for !!!!!!  
Please, have this message included in your next Report. I want everybody to know my thoughts and feelings about this issue. If I have been slighted or offended as your have related, I believe I deserve the right to express my opinions. 
So, please extend my good feelings to everyone, specially Don who made the wise remarks about the legal risks and expressed his opinion "if I was an attorney" ... well .. I am an attorney... in International Private Law ... and I would never  raise a finger against you Ladislao. You have only done good things and your intention was always THE BEST !!!  Let us not harm our friendship and your good work, for the erroneous behaviours of others. 
Remember that I asked you to send me the Reports from 1 to 11 !!!!! I am preparing an incredible brochure which I hope to share with you in the future. I will also be sending some incredible photos of my last Rock presentation with the Group BLONDER. We play 60's ... you know .. Beatles and stuff ... Rolling Stones ... At 54 ...with five kids and two granddaughters ... I still play Rock'n roll ... it all started in MOUNT ST. BENEDICT ... with "Chains". 
Your Mount Boy Friend ! 
Rafael Echeverría G.
d.or.g.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to express my regrets to all, hoping to avoid future embarrassing situations due to my lack of journalistic eye. 
As for the reports 1 to 11, these are difficult to provide immediately as I am revising the email sent to make sure these circulars can be reconstructed. Remember that the first 10 circulars were really email contact letters all of the about half a page long. Your replies made this about a page long in the worst case. Thank you for the support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing the Who is Where, thanks to Roger Henderson: 
26. Richard Waddell is deceased 
---------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Attila GYURIS  
Monday, November 2, 2009 12:43 AM 
How would I go about finding the photo file number?
Attila 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
--- On Sun, 11/1/09, ladislao kertesz <kertesz12@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: ladislao kertesz kertesz12@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 2:40 PM 
Dear Attila and Nigel
Better if there are numbers and file number. ????
Hope to reissue with the corrections as Circular No. 422, on Aqualads etc.
God Bless
Ladislao 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel P. Boos nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
Sent: Tue, October 13, 2009 8:02:46 AM 
Attila,
1. Would the chap holding the flag (#1) be Gordon Mitchell?
2. Would Grossman's name, by any chance, be Ladislao?
3. Acc. to my records, Wally Gillezau died in 1971. R.I.P.
Nigel P. Boos 
-------------------------------------------------------------. 
To answer your question, I live in Southern California.
I have been living here since 1978, with as few breaks here and there for job related moves (I have lived for relatively short stints in TX, NY, GA, FL, but I always end up back here).
So I guess this is home for now.
I have been here in SoCal steadily since 1986.
I saw the pictures of you guys with Salvador Coscarat in Montreal.
Over the years I have spoken with him a few times on the phone.
He lives over in Louisiana. People from Louisiana are affectionately called "coon-asses".  : - )
Regards,
A.T. 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From: Salah Wilson <sal_wils@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Matron Wilson
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 8:24 AM 
I recognize a few people whom I have forgotten by name...the Chinese looking guy with the sunglasses seems to be another of my long time (elementary school) friend named Franklin Chin, I also see someone like Neville Tenia. 
I also recognize Roger Farah.
I just got a couple of other emails one is from Ian Gomes, and another from Roger Gillezeau ...Roger was in a bigger form than me but his brother Wally ( who passed on R.I.P.)  was in my class.....Atilla are you living in Trinidad?..................this year at my home in Montreal I had a visit from Salvator Coscarat he came to my Steelpan school in Montreal with another friend who lives there Angel Da Silva.
I will still be in Trinidad for a few weeks more taking care of some business...so we stay in touch
Salah 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 15:34:53 -0700
OK... that's what I thought. 
I think the tall skinny kid in short pants on the right of the picture is Johnny Garcia, right?.
The boy tugging the rope who I am telling encouragement to is Roger Farah, and I think I see Rudi Polderman's head half hidden behind there.
Any other faces / names you can recognize in the photo?.
Do you have a picture of yourself at the Mount?
Attila Gyuris 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Salah Wilson <sal_wils@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 8:16 AM 
Tony Cedeno is the guy standing to your left (dark long pants encouraging the boys to pull) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:46:24 -0700
Good one...Which one is Tony Cedeño? .... now he sounds familiar.
Attila Gyuris 
++++++++++++++++++-------------------------------------.
From: Salah Wilson <sal_wils@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 9:41 AM 
Yes I was right, I remember you ...I will show the pictures to my Mom.
In the tug of War photo, I am happy to see my good friend Tony Cedeno ..he lived near the playing field up the hill.
He passed on in 1991 may he rest in peace....good memories...thanks...will dig up what I can find and send it also
Regards
Salah (Willy) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:11:44 -0700
Here are a few photos from those years. 
I hope they help you and your mom remember:
Picture of Tug of war in the sports field photo: 
I am the one in long pants yelling at the team.
Scout Camp photo:  I am in front centre with the arms crossed.
Swim Competition photo:  I am second from the left of the photo, with my hands open in front of me.
Form I Class photo: I am sitting in front, 4th from the left.
I live in California now.
Regards,
Attila Gyuris 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Salah Wilson <sal_wils@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 6:45 AM 
That's correct Willy short for Wilson...My Mom sends her kindest regards to you after I read her your email thanks again I am trying to put a face to your name I remember your name and I am thinking of someone who could be you ...but we will stay in touch...where do you live now
Salah 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 20:37:48 -0700
Thanks... I think you were Wilson or Willie back then, right?
Attila 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From: Salah Wilson <sal_wils@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 3:15 PM 
Greetings Attila,
That is so good of you to remember my Mom, I am taking the email and read it to her after I reply to you.
My name was not Salah when I attended the Mount but we were there together during that great experience I was there from (1963-1970).
I am trying to put your face together. I am presently in Trinidad visiting my Mom and I just visited the playing field last Sunday to watch a local village game and I met Brother Rupert ( after 39 years).
the memories are so great that this connection with the 'Old Boys' is something that I believe everyone cherishes, thank you again, I have started a project with the 'Old Boys' . I will let you know about it in my next reply to you ...you may use my hot mail address while i am in Trinidad. ....got to go and read your email to my Mom..she is now 90 yrs but well aware.
Take care and stay good
Salah 
-----------------------------------
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
Mount Inside No.6407 p3
11SC6653SCOGRP, Glen Poy Wing Family and Salvador Coscarart.
11MD1302MDVFAM, Maurice de Verteuil and kids
68AG0004SPORTS, Please place the names for the Tug a War kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.